in which Tom demonstrates that he, too, can keep up with them kids these days with their blogs and their MTV and their Super Nintendo

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

"Home"

In family parlance, "home" is a split-level home on five acres outside Fernie, BC. However, "home" is somewhere different entirely. It's a small, largely greenish island in the middle of the Atlantic somewhat closer to the far side than the near side.

I'm off on rather short notice to said home-italics-inclusive, and I'm bringing a dark suit. It's unfortunately not the first time I've done this, and it's sadly probably not going to be the last.

To tide you over while I attend to this vital business, join with me in a delightful puzzle: together we shall ponder if and how the verb conjugation is correct in Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars."
If I lay here.
If I just lay here.
Would you lie with me
and just forget the world?
Some sort of exotic pluperfect mishmash? Or evidence that people from the northern part of the aforementioned island need a revised grammar curriculum?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pluperfect mishmash

11:16 AM, November 28, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pluperfect mishmash

11:16 AM, November 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home