in which Tom demonstrates that he, too, can keep up with them kids these days with their blogs and their MTV and their Super Nintendo

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Movie glut

2007 wound up being a year where I found myself flagging a fair number of movies as worth seeing, only to let them slide off the radar one by one (Yes Grindhouse, I'm including you here). There is a chance to redeem myself, however, in the frantic race to the finish.

Indeed, the to-watch list has built up an unfortunate backlog for the traditional cinematic onslaught between now and Christmas. I fear the only feasible solution will be expensive.

Here's where we stand:
  • Lions for Lambs (1) (14-Nov, **)
  • Lars and the Real Girl (17-Nov, ****)
  • American Gangster
  • No Country for Old Men
  • Beowulf (2)
  • Southland Tales
  • The Golden Compass (3)
  • I Am Legend
  • Juno
  • Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • Charlie Wilson's War
Important provisos:
1 - All Tyler's fault. Wouldn't have been on the list to begin with.
2 - must be in IMAX 3D
3 - Subject to complex web of emotions related to the books being among my favouritist things in the world and not wanting to taint that experience.


Attention faithful readers: If you demand I join you in attendance at one of these films, I'll probably say yes. Even if I don't really like you all that much.

Of trivial note: I created the IMDb page for one of the above films something like five or six years ago. Seriously.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't blame me. It's a Robert Redford feature, so it's is born with potential (despite the fact that he's aged faster than a Chernobyl clean-up crew employee).

At least we know that Tom Cruise likely wont run for public office anytime in the near future.

4:33 PM, November 21, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home